The Venus De Melos - Fatty Review

The Venus De Melos
Fatty
Release Date: August 1st, 2016
Release Date: 
1. V
2. Fatty
3. Trip 
4. Hollow
5. Sol Soul 
6. Fuego
7. Astral
8. Aloha
9. Beauty
10. Statum
11. Piece of Mind
12. You're Dead to Me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Aphrodite of Melody", is a math rock band from New York that specializes in showing you sounds you didn't know guitars could make. Mikhail Korkitsev stated some of his influences being Hail the Sun, The Fall of Troy, and The Mars Volta. Bands I've totally come to love. He pieces together a plethora of sounds from each of those bands and creates a math rock puzzle of groovy proportions. 
Fatty: Starting the album off right, Fatty grooves its way into my heart. First released on April 20th, 2013. This song was re-released onto the album and even had the album named after it. What an honor right? Forget all your worries when you listen to this track.
"These moments together impact our lives forever"

Trip & Hollow: I put these songs together because they really feel like they go hand in hand. They are both short and relaxing, and while they aren't interludes, they kinda give you a break before the best tracks hit.
"Amongst the bonfire, I cannot help but smile"

Sol Soul: This trio of next songs really make this whole album for me. I could listen to these songs for the rest of my life. This one just so happens to be one of my favorites. Sol Soul is half chill groove, and half fast sing along as I run out of breath from dancing. I recommend this song to anyone trying to get into this band. 
"Pack light act right we don't need your insight cuz we feel warm whenever we look inside"

Fuego: The first song I ever heard from The Venus De Melos, I wasn't too sure on how I felt about them. I had never heard anything like it and I feel like that's why I didn't immediately fall for it. But after a few more listens, it definitely is one of the best songs from the album. In my opinion, this song is pretty damn fuego.
"Your presence gives me energy, without it I feel the entropy"

Astral: No doubt my favorite TVDM song, I cannot listen to this song without moving (preferably dancing) and without singing. In my opinion, if you can't get into this song, then you might as well move along because you will not get into this band. This song is essentially my anthem to living carefree and forgetting my stress.
"I don't care about the space or time when I'm with you"

Aloha: The first (not previously released) single off of Fatty, Aloha is one of the more laid back and chill tracks that starts to turn down the tone for the rest of the album. This song really does motivate me to get up and appreciate life. Plus hey that playthrough video is pretty sweet isn't it?
"Get up, appreciate life"

Beauty: This song has a sinister feel to it and I love it. Mish shows his vocal range as he busts out some of the albums best guitar solos. Beauty is the longest track on the album which Mikhail uses to show off how he can politely abuse his guitar.
"What on terra is that?"

Statum: I seem to neglect this song and I'll have to personally apologize to it later. But the sped up vocals and emotion in Mish's voice make it really feel like a panic attack track as I'd like to call it. The instrumentals seem to be so smooth and calming as the vocals are frantic and wild.
"I heard a whisper say I can't be myself when I'm with you"

Piece of Mind: I used to not really pay attention to this song, because of the length. But the emotion and fierceness of this track, gives you every little bit of energy from a full song, in one minute, which is pure awesome.
"Keep calling out to sea, your piercing sirens plea just doesn't work on me"

You're Dead to Me: I want to know who made Mish mad enough to inspire this hate filled track(I love it). This track is a darker track, which honestly makes me feel like it could've been on the last album, Novo. Either way, it closes out the album nicely.
"May the white in your eyes fade with life that you breathe"
While this is the latest The Venus De Melos album, I hope it's not the last. Please share this album with everyone and check out the previous TVDM albums because they are also very good. I'll have band links below so you can go follow them on social media. Fatty is on a name your price deal on bandcamp so give whatever you can. Mish deserves it and he would greatly appreciate it!

Overall Rating: 9.7/10

BAND LINKS:

FOLLOW ME WITH MY LINKS:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bandcamp Gem #1

Ü Blue // Jeice the Space Australien

Adventurer - Sacred Grove Review